I have felt that way about a select few novels, too. Out of all the books I have loved reading, those highlighted below comprise a special category, not chosen by genre, literary acclaim, or mass appeal, but by the particular feeling they aroused. Each was a reading experience I never wanted to end.
- The Alienist by Caleb Carr
- My Antonia by Willa Cather
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
- Franny and Zooey by J. D. Salinger
What books, or food, would you add to your "Never Wanted it to End" list?