As the movie continued, I was hyper-aware of the tug of emotions that were pulling at me, and I considered how much of an expert heartstring yanker Steven Spielberg has become throughout his career. He is certainly attuned to the human condition and has become adept at putting it on-screen.
Films made by Steven Spielberg have certainly affected me throughout my life, whether it be:
- Jamie jumping and identifying the American planes at the top of his lungs while they are bombing his Japanese prison camp in Empire of the Sun
- Mikey talking about Troy's bucket and Mouth ruing his failed dreams in the Goonies
- The stunned wonder of the scientists as they first encounter the live exhibits of Jurassic Park
- Private Ryan, in his later years, kneeling in front of Captain John Miller's tombstone and gasping in remembrance of the sacrifice of his fellow soldiers
- The entire movie of Schindler's List
- Indiana Jones riding his horse accompanied by the Raider's March.
Spielberg is my guy for a slam-dunk favorite movie. Who are some of your favorite directors?